Start planning your move as early as possible. If you’re on a tight budget, this is even more important. Here are a list of things that will make your move more efficient: One of the first things to consider is cleaning house. There’s no point in paying to move thing you never use. Give those things away, sell them online, have a garage sale, or donate them to charity.
Preparation Tips for an Efficient Move
Contact a good moving company. Professional movers will walk you through all necessary steps of moving so that you don’t run into problems on your moving day.
Finalize travel plans; look for coupons online to save money relocating.
Some things that you want to be prepared for and have the answers to are:
- Are you truly ready when your movers arrive?
- Did you get all the necessary packing and moving supplies?
- Are all your belongings properly packed in labeled stackable boxes?
- Can the moving truck park close to your home and if anything can be done to improve the access?
- Have you eliminated all unwanted or excessive belongings?
As moving entails much more than simply transporting your belongings from one home to another, you may want to use the following timeline to ensure an easier moving experience.
4 Weeks Before the Move
- Call Discount Miami Movers to schedule your move and set up the services that you will require.
- Tour your house and decide which items, if any, might be discarded, sold or donated. Consider having a garage sale or selling your items online.
3 Weeks Before the Move
- Arrange to have major appliances serviced before you move them.
- Movers cannot take aerosols, flammables, corrosives or ammunition. Use them up or give them away. Propane tanks and lawn mower fuel must be emptied.
2 Weeks Before the Move
- Notify the Post Office and obtain change of address forms for each person receiving mail at your address.
- Notify subscription services of the address change.
- Protect your belongings from damage by disposing of cleaning fluids, acids, caustic drain cleaners, etc.
1 Week Before the Move
- Arrange cable TV disconnection.
- Arrange connection of utilities in your new home.
The Day Before the Move
- Defrost, clean and dry refrigerators.
- Clean and prepare all other major appliances.
The Day of the Move
- Strip beds but leave intact. The movers will disassemble them.
- Tour your home with the movers so they can assess the shipment and determine the most suitable routes from the house to the truck.
- Be available all day to answer questions, direct the placement of your furniture and boxes, sign the bill of lading, etc.
A Trusted Industry Service Provider[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”http://youtu.be/kgzMxwueJm0 “][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/1”][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]